Intersect for Ability is a collaborative network of ten agencies located in the Chicago Metropolitan area that serve individuals with developmental disabilities. Projects completed by this group have far exceeded the potential of any single agency, resulting in better outcomes for the individuals they serve.
Intersect for Ability is working in partnership to develop, fund, implement, and evaluate collaborative programs and community initiatives with emphasis on:
- Meaningful employment and purposeful activity
- Staff training and retention
- Clinical services
Advance the field and the community to support a better quality of life, equality, and respect for persons with disabilities.
Intersect for Ability…
- Brings together employers and individuals with disabilities while supporting employees with developmental disabilities in the workforce.
- Provides professional development assistance for staff working with persons with disabilities.
- Supports adults with disabilities at all life stages, and in the transitions between life stages.
- Supports best practices in the human services field by collaboratively developing new initiatives to support persons with disabilities.
- Provides a unified voice in support of programs designed to meet the needs of persons with disabilities.